I think it’s safe to say I failed the 30 day challenge…life happened. But I will finish it. Here’s the one for yesterday.
- 0:00 – go to bed
- 2:00 – wake up, can’t sleep, watch some TV, cross stitch
- 3:30 – back to bed
- 5:00- up again, TV, play on computer, cross stitch
- 7:30 – get the baby up and change his diaper
- 7:45 – feed the baby his breakfast
- 8:15 – eat my breakfast, get dressed, etc.
- 8:45 – play with the baby/watch TV/cross stitch
- 10:00 – go to Walgreens for some pictures
- 10:15 – return home, eat a yogurt
- 10:30 – more time with baby, cross stitching
- 12:00 – back to Walgreens to pick up pictures
- 12:15 – return home, watch the baby and read
- 13:30 – get ready to leave
- 14:00 – leave for lunch with a friend
- 14:30 – sushi lunch with a good friend
- 16:30 – return home
- 16:45 – get ready to leave
- 17:15 – leave for prison
- 18:00 – visit husband at prison
- 20:30 – say goodbye to hubby
- 21:00 – arrive back home, play some WoW
- 23:00 – head to bed
First I must say that I’m disappointed that Dashboard Confessional and Lifehouse did not come up…
- Michael Buble – “The Way You Look Tonight” Not my favorite Michael Buble song, but I do love his voice. I’d recommend “Haven’t Met You Yet,” “Fever,” and “Home” for starters.
- Paramore – “Misery Business (Acoustic Version)” I love this song (both versions) and my two other favorites by Paramore are “The Only Exception” and “That’s What You Get.”
- Dr. Dre – “Guilty Conscience” LOVE me some Dr. Dre and that about covers rap for me. I will dabble a little with 2Pac, Busta Rhymes and Snoop.
- Less Than Jake – “Danny Says” Less Than Jake is a pretty good ska band, but I do like Mad Caddies, Catch-22, and Reel Big Fish better.
- Mandy Moore – “For Always” Yes, I like pop songs too. I personally think Mandy Moore has a sweet, innocent voice and I do like it a lot. Not quite love, but like a lot.
- theStart – “A Thousand Years” Awesome punk band with a female vocalist.
- Miles Davis – “‘Round Midnight” Not my favorite Miles Davis, but his Bitches Brew album is amazing.
- The Bouncing Souls – “Gone” Another good punk band, but my favorite is The Lawrence Arms. Other amazing punk bands are AFI, Rancid, Alkaline Trio and Social Distortion.
- 30 Seconds to Mars – “Vox Populi” I LOVE 30 Seconds to Mars and I’d recommend “From Yesterday,” “The Kill,” and “Attack” for beginner listeners.
- The Wreckers – “Leave the Pieces” I’m a sucker for a good, broken-hearted country song. I like Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Martina McBride and Miranda Lambert a lot.
I guess you could say my first love started in high school. He was one of my best friends and I had a little crush on him, but I didn’t think much more of it. He dated other girls and I didn’t mind. I dated other guys. As we kept in touch over the years, our relationship changed. We were 21 now, and a movie hang out turned into a date with hand holding and a kiss good night.
I was excited, blinded, and maybe even happy for a couple years. I thought he was everything I wanted/needed. He eventually moved away and we tried a long distance relationship. I had a blast visiting him. But eventually things died down and I never heard from him again.
For me, being 21 and 22, was almost the same as still being a teenager. I really thought it was going to work out. I really thought I wanted to marry him, but I’m so glad I didn’t. I wouldn’t have been happy and I wouldn’t have my wonderful husband that I have now.
I have to say the moment my son was born and I heard his first cry was the most satisfying moment in my life. All the work I had done in the past nine months had paid off. All of the pain, all of the throwing up, fatigue, heartburn and trying to stay healthy was for that moment. And here was this beautiful human being that completely needed me.
Being bipolar and having an unexpected pregnancy, I quit all my medications cold turkey, hoping for the best. I had my husband’s support which helped immensely. From week six to week fourteen, I threw up everyday from morning sickness. At week 28, I endured terrible kidney pain from a kidney stone until after my son was born. (Let me say that kidney pain + contractions REALLY hurts!) I was in labor for over 12 hours before the doctor decided he just couldn’t come out naturally and I had to have a C-section. Even though I got an epidural, the pressure of a baby trying to come out a mostly CLOSED hole (4 cm dilated) really hurts too.
Two nights before my C-section, I’d had a gruesome dream about having a C-section and it was the VERY last thing I wanted to do. So enduring the fear of the operation was completely satisfying in itself. But the moment I heard that first cry, tears immediately streamed down my face. I didn’t even have time to get choked up, I just cried. I knew that I was crying from relief and pure joy. Everything that had led up to this point washed away and all I could think about was my beautiful, HEALTHY, baby boy.
I am a Leo (July 29). Leo traits are defined by Wikipedia as: “warm, action-oriented and driven by the desire to be loved and admired, the Leo have an air [of] royalty about them. They love to be in the limelight, which is why many of them make a career in the performing arts. The personality of a Leo made up of some positive as well as negative traits. Positive traits: Kind and big-hearted,Energetic,Optimistic,Straightforward, and Loyal. Negative traits: Dominating,Possessive,Impatient, and Arrogant.”
I am a warm, compassionate person, and I do really love to be loved. I want to be admired by those that I’m close too. I am very kind and big-hearted. I can be straightforward and am very loyal. I am VERY impatient.
I don’t feel that I have an air of royalty about me, but I can want things the way I want them sometimes. I absolutely do not like being in the limelight, but I did love theater in school and continued it for a little while after. I would never want to be famous, however. I am not so energetic or always optimistic. I might even go as far as to say I can be pessimistic more often. I don’t feel I am dominating, possessive or arrogant.
I would say that it mostly describes me, minus the “air of royalty” and arrogance part.
Topic of the Moment is fairly self explanatory. I couldn’t (and didn’t) want to limit my blog to just one topic. I thought about a few topics and to monitoring a few blogs, but that just seemed like too much. So, whatever’s on my mind is the topic of the day…er…moment.
My username is angeleeka29 because, well, 29 is my birth date, and my grandfather nicknamed me Angeleeka. He was very special to me. Unfortunately, he passed away when I was only ten so we didn’t get much time together. I wish I had known how to cherish that time. I can only cherish my memories and they are sweet, sweet memories. As I type this, I’m tearing up. I miss him very deeply and think about him everyday.
He was fun to be around, always teasing my sister and I. He had a temper at times, but never really yelled at us. That made him funny to us little ones when he would shout at his cards (he played solitaire everyday) or his salad or whatever. He was very gentle towards us. He loved us unconditionally and sweetly. I think we’re supposed to learn of love through our parents, but for me, the true meaning of love came from knowing my grandfather.